Sunday, April 24, 2011

Letter #78 - John

I am simply in love with some of my friends.  Not romantically, but still deeply in love.  John is one of these friends.  Just seeing his name in my contact list on my phone makes me smile.  John also has the honour being my only true college friend.  I have lots of friends from when I was in college, but of those the only ones that have lasted were ones born out of roommates and church connections.  No random "oh we met at a party" or "we used to study in the same lounge" or anything like that... except John.  We had one gloriously lame intro to teaching class together and it was almost instantly love.  He is insane... exactly the brand of insane I admire, support and occasionally mirror.  He is exactly the kind of guy I can call up and say "Bob Barker, this weekend, my house" and he shows up dressed the part (this actually happened).  He shares my love of Bon Jovi, my amusement of the 80s, and my love of life.  Then the bastard moved to New York.  So I sent him a letter to remind him of how much I love him, and to tell him I miss him so he won't forget to visit the next time he's in town.  Because I am simply in love with some of my friends, and John is one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment