Sunday, April 24, 2011

Letter #79 - Karin

I'm weird about high school.  Most people grow more nostalgic for it as time goes by.  I grow less so.  High school wasn't necessarily bad for me, but it wasn't necessarily great for me either.  I remember even at the time thinking "this is what people remember as their best years? no thanks..."  At the time, I didn't really expect that 10 years down the road I would still be BFFs with all of these people.  That turned out to be mostly true.  Except for Karin.  Karin turned out to be one of those friends that you just keep finding your way back to, then wonder why you ever drifted off in the first place.  In the past year Karin and I have actually grown closer as were planning our weddings six months apart.  She nearly lived with me for a few days leading up to her own wedding, and I took a stinger in the tongue for her.  (I shot her engagement portraits... at a cider mill with ninja bees... who stung me on the tip of my tongue).

I intentionally held off on including Karin in this project until she'd had some time to recover from what I call wedding madness... so she could enjoy the card and not have to file it away so she wouldn't forget which gift it came with, or who to send the thank you note to :o)  Mostly I just wanted her to get some fun mail addressed to Mrs Gordon coz I'm 7 months into my marriage and seeing my new name on stuff still makes me grin!

1 comment:

  1. I have that exact same view about high school, "eh, no thanks." lol It's weird to see on FB all the IA cliques who are all still BFF...sometimes it makes me sad I wasn't part of one of those, but mostly it makes me realize what I've got now in my life and how I'm so much happier than I was then. Yay for growing up...sorta ;o)

    ReplyDelete