Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Letter #80 - Joey

I've mentioned before how I have a number of adopted family members, including quite a few siblings.  Joey is one of my adopted brothers.  When my family lived in the Netherlands, he actually lived with us for a few months and became a part of the family.  Joey is quite simply a force of nature.  His love for life is so incredibly infectious, and he is an incredibly gifted musician.  His vocals and piano playing can move me to tears... in fact when it came to picking music for my wedding last fall there was no question in my mind that Joey had to be a part of it.  My husband had written a song for me, which we chose for me to walk down the aisle to and Joey (along with a couple of our other musician friends) created the most incredible instrumental version of it to play live... it was so amazing!

Recently I have been going through this serious musical nostalgic phase and listening to all kinds of stuff that I listened to as a teenie bopper... Joey was living with us during that time and so I've been thinking of him a lot.  We used to have these awesome singing parties with each other, and he would crash my piano practice sessions and play all the pop songs while I'd sing with him.  I decided it was as good a reason as any to send him some love and so I did.  Just thinking about Joey makes me smile... I've shared so many huge life moments with him, and so many small life moments that add up to huge ones.  He has had a really big influence on my life and how I try to live and how I try to carry myself, and I am so incredibly grateful for that influence and his friendship and love!

No comments:

Post a Comment