Saturday, July 23, 2011

Letter #93 - Daphne

I was raised to believe that people can in fact stay in your life forever.  Not physically per se, and of course we all die eventually, but I come from a line of really great corresponders, as I've mentioned before.  Daphne is a woman who has been in my life since before I took my first breath.  She's the woman who delivered me.  I've been thinking about her lately, and in the course of this project that normally prompts me to dig out my stationary.

Daphne is much closer friends with my parents, but when she found out I was engaged she wrote me a beautiful letter of congratulations, reflecting on some of her memories of me and my family.  I decided to send her a note to just say hello and let her know she was on my mind.  We share a love of cats, so I told her about our kitties and sent some photos.  I love that I know the woman who delivered me.  I love that I can share my life with her and tell her about the things that are going on with me, and that it's meaningful to her.

I know that Dr. Daphne is pretty good about returning letters so I am hopeful that this letter will result in a letter in my mailbox in a few weeks.  We've had so much junk mail lately it would be really nice to get something personal :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment