Saturday, July 23, 2011

Letter #97 - Diane

Diane was my stand-in mom when I was doing my undergrad.  When I graduated, I really meant to keep in better touch with her, but between our lives and schedules, we've drifted some.  I still love her a lot, and look forward to opportunities to catch up with her, but it's not often we get to do that, and often times when we catch up I find we're both referencing people, places and things that the other has no context for.

I've struggled a little in my own mind with the changes in our relationship.  At first I took it a little personally, we had been so close while I was there, and when I moved home it wasn't long before I wasn't getting checked in on anymore.  I slowly began to understand that it wasn't anything personal, it was just that she had new students to focus on.

I'm sure Diane will be glad to hear from me, but I have no idea if I will get anything back.  I just hope it brightens her day.

No comments:

Post a Comment