Saturday, March 19, 2011

Letter #67 - Mohammad

This letter went out to one of my fellow Tribe members from school.  Mohammad is the only man in our tribe, which often leads him to have to be the sole defender or representative of his gender.  He has lived a fantastical life.  I have only had the privilege of hearing a few of his stories so far, but the experiences he has had in his life simply floor me.

I decided to write him a letter because I don't often get the chance in class to sit and chat with him - something I will try and address this month when I see him again.  I always feel like I've only just scratched the surface, and I'd like to know him better.  I hope I get that chance.  I don't know if he's much of a writer, so I don't know if I can expect a response from him or not, but I hope to hear something back, or perhaps at least he will take it as an invitation to share with me in class more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment