Thursday, March 3, 2011

Letter #56 - Teresa

I have been blessed with AWESOME cousins.  What's more is I have AWESOME cousin-in-laws.  As I've grown older I've been able to get to know some of my other cousins better.  On my dad's side of the family my cousins are mostly quite a bit older than me, so growing up we weren't all that close, they were babysitters not buddies.  My one cousin married a beautiful and gentle soul a few years ago, Teresa.  They now have two awesome children and are simply an adorable family.  Teresa isn't much for the email and such, so I decided to send her a letter.  Writing to Teresa gave me a chance to just send her some love.  She is so cheery and sweet, but I always get the feeling she puts a LOT of pressure on herself... she's one of those people who feels like she has to be the perfect everything.  Perfect wife, perfect mom, perfect daughter.  She's awesome and I love her dearly, but I sent her a letter of love and encouragement, hoping she'll be able to let up on herself just a little.

I don't get to see Teresa as often as I'd like.  She and her family live in Canada, and I don't get up there much anymore for visits.  My husband and I have talked about going to visit them sometime this year, I really hope we make it happen because I really do love my cousins and wish I could spend more time with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment