Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Letter #55 - Andy

So remember a few posts ago when I thought my numbering was all screwed up?  It was.  I got a note on facebook this week from my dear friend Andy thanking me for the card I sent him.  So I'm not crazy :o)

Andy is from the same era of my life as Haitham, and he had a birthday last month.  Andy and I just reconnected within the last year thanks to (you guessed it) Facebook.  Andy and I are self proclaimed siblings.  When my family moved from Rotterdam he came to the airport to see me off and gave me a beautiful silver bracelet as a reminder of our friendship.  Within a year of our move that bracelet disappeared and I was devastated.  As a result, I worked twice as hard to keep him in my heart because I am usually big on physical mementos (not as an exclusive reminder but as an enhanced reminder).  Andy and I had only just gotten to know each other a month or two prior to my family moving.  I already knew that we would only have a little time together, and I think he actually adopted me as his sister so he could redirect his crush on me since he knew I was leaving... he's never said as much but I have my suspicions ;o)

I lost touch with Andy for years and years, and he was one of those people I would often initiate searches for.  When I finally received a message from him, I was elated to reconnect.  I always think of him on his birthday, and was so excited this year to finally be in a position again to send him a card (since previous years had left me with no mailing address for him)  Writing out his card gave me an opportunity to send him so much of my love and the gratitude I have for his love and friendship.  He's loyal to a fault and even though years had gone by without us speaking, we were able to pick up as if we had never been forced to let off.  I adore him and desperately hope we can be reunited in person some day!

No comments:

Post a Comment