Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Letter #71 - Xander

I've mentioned before I have a lot of "adopted" family.  Xander is also a member of this group.  He is my dutch big brother and I miss him a whole bunch.  I've been thinking about his family a lot lately (he has a son who has West Syndrome) so I sent him some love.  When my family lived in Rotterdam, Xander started out as our gardener/handyman and quickly evolved into part of the family.  He would come over and spend time with us, help us figure out cultural challenges, keep my brother and I entertained and (mostly) out of trouble, and more.  When my family got to return to Rotterdam to visit in 2006 it was great to be able to meet his wife Patricia, then when my husband and I (boyfriend at the time) went to visit in 2008, we got to meet his son.

Writing to Xander allowed me to remember all of the things I love about him and his family.  I have so many great memories of time with him... from goofing off and singing loudly as a kid to more grown up conversations and glasses of wine as an adult.  I adore him, his wife is awesome and their son is simply amazing.  I hope my letter brings him as many happy memories as it did for me in writing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment