Saturday, March 19, 2011

Letter #61 - Tammy

I have mentioned before how great my cousins are.  Tammy is no exception.  As I've grown older, the age gap between me and my cousins on my dad's side of the family has become less important, and we've all grown to be good friends.  If I had to pick one word to describe Tam it would be spunky.  She's hilarious, kind hearted and knows her way around the kitchen (are you noticing a trend on the van Rossum side yet? lol) she and my brother are actually probably closer than she and I, but I love her all the same and according to her status updates on facebook recently, she needed a little extra love.  So I sent her a card with a big hug and a smile and well wishes for a better week ahead.  Knowing the Canadian Postal Service, she may not get my card until next year, but hey, one can hope :o)

Writing to Tammy made me think about family gatherings to come, that side of the family has really tried hard the last several years to get together on a regular basis again.  When I was a kid we always did Christmas, then as we grew older it fell by the wayside.  Now a lot of my cousins have their own kids and it's become a priority for us all again, which has been really nice.  This year we're actually in the process of trying to get an Easter gathering together as well.  I'm not sure yet if it's going to work out for my husband and I to go, but we're hoping we can.  I love my family, as insane as they are, and look forward to spending time with my cousins because I don't get to very often.

No comments:

Post a Comment