Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Letter Responses

I have received a few responses from people who have been recipients of letters from this project thus far, and most have been these incredibly sincere notes, sent with much love, much thought, and much gratitude.  This response I received this evening is no exception to this, except that it goes above and beyond in effort and dedication as a blog reader.  I was so impressed, touched, and blown away by the ending to this note... I hope you all enjoy it as much as I did :o)

i have a confession to make...

...I love your snail mail letter campaign. I am honored to be a part of it. My family has a strong connection with a couple of families from the town I grew up in that have spanned about 6 generations and we still have regular clan gatherings. The matriarch of the real driving family in the clan once told me that letters are a part of our soul. They are better than phone calls because you can touch and read them over and over again and they have permanence and phone calls don't. I have always honored that and do so more in the email world where writing has become passe. Her husband, who passed away in 1990 (she passed in 2004), is easily the most influential person in my life but she is a close second. I still make most decisions based upon what they would think of what I am doing. It is easy to say if you like my values, you have them to thank for them.

Why am I writing this? Don't laugh. Our youngest dog tends to eat mail. He ate your letter and i have been painstakingly rebuilding it from the pieces to where I can read it and I am almost there. I should finish it when I get home this weekend. And then I can actually read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment