Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Letter #45 - Jerry

When I was pursuing my undergrad, I spent 2.5 glorious years living in a beautiful house off campus that was owned and operated by my church.  Now known as the Journey House, I LOVED that place.  I lived with 11 other residents and we grew to become such a close knit family... I miss them all so much now.  I find myself getting homesick for them, so tonight I reached out to Jerry, one of my housemates during that time.

I grew up going to camps with Jerry's sister, and with Jerry, though at camp we hung with different circles.  When I found out Jerry was considering moving into the house I was ecstatic because I knew what an awesome guy he was.  Turns out he was even cooler than I thought at the time.  Jerry always had a hug for me when I needed it, always knew how to make me laugh and smile, always brightened up the room when he walked in.  If I was having a sucky day, all I had to do was wander into his room and it was instantly better.

Jerry now lives in Las Vegas which means I see him next to never and that sucks a lot.  I think about him tons and always wonder how he's doing out there (he works in hospitality-business and the last time I saw him out there he was in his glory!)  My husband and I are considering a trip to Vegas this year if finances allow, to visit my aunt and uncle who are more like grandparents to my brother and I.  They were unable to attend our wedding at the last minute because of health issues and I was absolutely devastated.  I promised Jerry in my letter that if a trip pans out, we would make time to hang out with him while we're there.

I can already see Jerry's face when he sees my name on the return address.  He has the most infectiously warm smile, I wish I were there to see it in person... and to collect that hug I know he'll have waiting for me...!

No comments:

Post a Comment