Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Letter #47 - Murphy

Murphy is a sweet older man who fits into my "grandpa obsession" category of friends.  I love Murphy.  A lot.  It's impossible not to love him.

When Murphy lost his wife, it was a terrible thing for all of us to go through as she was an incredible woman.  She suffered from Alzheimer's Disease, and we all did our best to support Murphy through all of that.  I had Murphy on my list of letter recipients for this week before I even realised that I was going to get to see him last weekend at the Journey House Valentine's Banquet.  I was so thrilled to see him there, and even more thrilled when he quietly took me aside and "confided" in me that he had a new "friend" and was "as happy as a high school boy"  It was ADORABLE.  He then told me that the banquet was supposed to be their "coming out affair" but that apparently everyone already knew.  It was the cutest thing in the world... like an insulin shot right to the heart.

As I wrote my letter to Murphy, I congratulated him on finding such a wonderful woman to make him happy (he's been so sad for so long it did my heart happy to see him smiling so big!).  Writing to him also reminded me of some of the friends in my life who are a part of my "Murphy Circle"... names that will surely be appearing on this blog in the near future :o)

1 comment:

  1. Awwwww!!! I'm so happy for him too! What a sweet man!

    ReplyDelete