Sunday, January 23, 2011

365 Letters - Reflections

When I began this project earlier this month, I did expect that communication with my friends and family would improve over time.  I expected that from time to time I would get a letter in response to ones I sent.  What I didn't expect was the number of responses and thanks I've received.  I posted one of my blog posts on facebook only to have the recipient of the letter see it, read the post and thank me profusely for my kind words, and express how perfect my timing had been in her life... and she hadn't even received the letter yet!  This week I received a series of text messages from one of my letter recipients telling me how emotionally moved she had been by the note I sent her, and how grateful she was that we were friends and that I had been thinking of her and felt the need to send that note.

It's been a cool experience so far, much more so than I had expected, and I am so glad I came up with the idea and haven't given up on it yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment