Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Letter #19 - Margaret

Today I decided to pair my letter with a gift I've been meaning to send to my aunt.  Auntie Marg is one of the van Rossums, and super awesome.  She was the one who started the work on my wedding gown (and would have finished it if life hadn't exploded).  We share a love of cooking, and she is always giving me new ideas to try in the kitchen.  I don't really write to her, and as I started the letter I was suddenly really insecure that I wouldn't be able to think of anything interesting to say, or that anything I wrote would come off as lame or forced.  Before I knew it, I had written the entire inside of the notecard and the back of it as well.

Auntie Marg and I also share a love of crafting.  While we express ourselves with different mediums, we have had some great creative conversations, and are always eager to see the new projects the other is working on.  In fact, I'm excited to show her a new project I just finished that I'm considering adding to my Shutterbug crafty repertoire.

Writing to Auntie Marg made me miss her, and miss my cousins (her kids) quite a bit.  Maybe my husband and I can take a long weekend sometime this year and go visit them.

No comments:

Post a Comment