Monday, January 10, 2011

Letter #6 - Wendi

Wendi's letter was a search & rescue attempt of sorts.  Wendi was a friend from our church family camp and could very well have ended up being a part of the Cube Squad (my super awesome photography team at camp) who simply stopped coming to camp.  The first year I thought maybe life had just gotten too busy, maybe they couldn't get the time off work or afford to be away from home that week, or something.  But then the second year went by, and the third, and the fourth... I have really missed her presence there, and her kids (who are BEAUTIFUL!)  The email address I had for her bounces back, and online searches have yielded no results.

Recently I was going through some old papers and came across my records from the last year she was at camp.  These records included a mailing address for her, so I am praying they haven't moved!  I spent a good chunk of my letter updating her on the major events in my life she has missed, and asking about her kids who must be in middle school or high school by now (insane!)  I really hope the letter reaches her, and that maybe I can hear from her in the future and reestablish that friendship.  I think of her often, and wonder whatever happened to them, and hope that whatever it was wasn't something bad, that maybe priorities just changed.  I guess we'll see... making extra sure this one has a return address on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment