Sunday, January 9, 2011

Letter #4 - Stephanie

Back in 2007 I was given an opportunity that I did not expect to be as influential in my life as it turned out to be.  I attended Jack Canfield's 2007 Breakthrough to Success seminar in Scottsdale, AZ.  I was supposed to go to "get a feel for the material" and ended up having an incredible experience.  Part of that experience included meeting Stephanie.

Today's letter went to Stephanie.  Steph is an amazingly strong and beautiful woman who I have come to admire very much.  She attended BTS with her incredible husband, and the two of them sort of adopted me for the week, which was awesome.  The three of us shared many meals, laughs, hugs, and even a few tears... and Stephanie and I share many evenings poolside just talking about life.  They live in another state and so I haven't been able to see them in person since that week, but I keep them both very close in my heart.  I was so excited writing my letter to her because even with the things in my life that aren't awesome right now (unemployment topping that list), I was able to share with her some of the successes I've had in achieving some of my goals that I set that week.  Talking with Steph always forces me to focus on the positives in my life, and on the possibles.  When I start doubting myself or my goals, she is one of the first to challenge me to focus on what IS attainable.

I'm so glad I decided to write her tonight, I had considered moving it to my list for tomorrow, but I was feeling frustrated with myself for having accomplished mostly nothing today (did cross one item off my to do list, but then I blew off the rest of the day...) writing this letter allowed me to recognise some of my successes, and allowed me to acknowledge the fact that sometimes, it's ok to reward myself for doing good... and tonight was a reward.  Tomorrow I will get up and face my to do list, my unemployment, my list of things I've been putting off for a week, my reading and prework for my next masters' class, etc... but tonight, I can focus on me, on the good things I've done, and on people like Stephanie who continue to be an inspiration to me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment