Sunday, January 16, 2011

Letter #16 - Susie Q

This letter went out to another BTS friend - Sue.  Sue was another person I didn't really start to get to know until later in the week, and even at that point not all that well.  She knew I was into photography and invited me to come visit her in Wisconsin some fall when the colours were at their peak so I could get some good shots to add to my collections... I didn't think much of it, but then on a whim, Austin & I decided to take her up on her offer and drove all the way up to Door County (so far one of the prettiest counties in the country, that I've seen at least!) and spent some time with her.  It was an awesome trip, and we had sooo much fun with her!  She and her boyfriend have also been to visit us once down here since then, and we try to keep in touch as best we can.

Writing to Susie immediately brought to mind images from our trip there... brilliant fall colours, fresh autumn air and bright warm fall sun on walks through the woods and through cute little towns.  It also allowed me to spend some time remembering our lovely evening chats.  Sue is a sweet, sweet lady, and a wonderful hostess.  She has had many challenges in her life, and sometimes I think the hugeness of her heart gets her in trouble (as many of us sensitive types can relate to), but she is kind and loving and I am always glad to hear from her.


I hope that this year brings her resolution to some of the questions she's had of life, and I hope that our paths cross again soon.  Who knows, WI isn't really *that* far away... maybe we can do a 2011 fall trip again!

No comments:

Post a Comment