Monday, January 24, 2011

Letter #24 - Colette

When I married my husband, I gained a sister-in-law.  She has been married to Austin's brother for several years and is a very nice girl, but I barely know her.  She's quiet and we mostly only see each other at larger family gatherings, so our typical conversations are short and fairly surface.

Over the years I have felt like we should be closer... especially now as we're family and all, but for all the excuses I haven't put much effort in on my part.  Today I tried to take a step forward, and sent her a letter.  It's short, not a whole lot to it, but I wished her a good week and let her know how glad I was to see her at all of the holiday get togethers.

We have very different personalities, so who knows how our relationship will develop, but I feel good about getting over some of my own insecurities enough to at least start making the effort.  Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment