Monday, January 31, 2011

Letter #28 - Anna

I'm not sure if I've mentioned on this blog that I am currently in a masters program.  I started the week before my wedding (because I'm insane like that...) and have about another year+ to go in my studies before I will have obtained a Masters of Social Justice degree.  One aspect of going back to school that I didn't really expect to get right away (if at all) was a new circle of friends.  Our cohort clicked very quickly on an emotional level (most of us anyway) and many of us began identifying ourselves as a Tribe rather than a cohort very early on.  This group of people has filled a need that I was experiencing on a very meaningful level for me and I am grateful to have them in this program with me.

This past weekend was a class weekend for me, and a few of our classmates were missing for various reasons.  One in particular had some personal issues she was working out, and so I chose to send her a letter to let her know she'd been missed.  Anna is passionate in every sense of the word.  She isn't afraid to voice her opinions on issues of interest, and she can be very outspoken.  Her strong personality unfortunately has gotten her in trouble at times, but I love her all the same and really did miss having her voice represented in our tribe this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment