Saturday, January 15, 2011

Letter #13 - Allison

Today was a sick day, which meant I logged a lot of time on the couch not doing a whole lot.  While I did get quite a bit of homework done, I also took a break to do some writing.

I've mentioned this week that there are a few kids I've taken to over the last couple of years.  Today I decided to write to another one of them - Allison.  Allison's mom was a colleague of my mum's for awhile, and the two of them became good friends.  I've known their family since before both Allison and her older brother were born.

As I've watched Allison grow up, I have observed a beautiful soul develop.  She's a sweet kid who loves to play princess and dinosaurs with equal passions.  The relationship she has with her brother reminds me a lot of my brother and I when we were their ages.  I'm very fond of both of them, and have been lucky enough to babysit for them on a few occasions.  It's really been cool to watch Allison slowly come out of her shell when she's around me.  Kind of testing the waters to see if I'll judge what she says or does, and gradually becoming more and more comfortable until her entire personality shines brightly.  I don't get to see her very often, but I do try to keep in touch a bit, and always enjoy the times we do get to spend together!

No comments:

Post a Comment