Friday, January 14, 2011

Letter #12 - Seth

Tonight's letter is going to another former housemate.  I met Seth through a mutual friend while I was doing my undergrad.  We instantly connected and I was thrilled when he chose MSU for his grad program, meaning he was moving to Michigan, and better yet, into our house!

Seth is an incredible musical talent.  In fact, he's the one who conducted an amazing feat just this past Christmas (click here for video).  I loved getting to plan music for worship services with him.  He also understood me on every nerd level... we share many nerd loves, and a deep appreciation for the sheer genius of all things Whedon.

I'm finding that over the course of this project, writing the letters will often focus me on a certain time.  Some letters get me reflecting on present stuff, others allow me to consider the future, while others still (like this one) let me soak in memories of times past.  Seth has long since moved away from Michigan, and I've gotten to see him a few times since, but I still miss him bunches, and look forward to the next time life brings our paths together!

No comments:

Post a Comment