Saturday, January 15, 2011

Letter #14 - Katie

Moving always comes with some less, no matter how exciting the move may be.  One thing I've really missed since I got married and moved out of my parents' house is just having other people around.  Being unemployed and a single vehicle family, I now spend most days alone at home until Austin gets home.  We have neighbours of course, but are not really on a "let's hang out" level with any of them.

Because of this, I decided to send a note to one of my old neighbours.  Katie lives across the street from my parents.  She has been the perfect neighbour to my family.  She's this fiercely independent woman with two daughters and an incredible ability to just handle anything - good or bad.  She's helped us with everything from lending us a cup of sugar, to pet sitting, to helping us when my mum was really sick.  We've been so blessed with her friendship, and I really do miss not running into her out in the yard or seeing her when she stops by to chat for a few minutes. I keep hoping maybe we'll be able to establish a similar relationship with our neighbours, but we're not quite there yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment