Monday, January 17, 2011

Letter #17 - Airen

As many people as I know, today I actually had a hard time thinking who I felt like writing to.  It was an interesting experience for me, because usually when I decide I need to send a note to someone, it's pretty easy to pick someone out quickly.  Today I thought and thought all day.  A few times I even went so far as to put the stationary in front of me with a pen, and nothing would come.  Finally I decided to try something.  I closed my eyes and just focused on my breath as I meditated for a moment.  Almost immediately, the face of my friend Airen entered my mind.  So Airen it was!

Airen and I met via my husband's network of musician friends.  She used to be married to a guy he performs with sometimes, and she and I quickly became friends.  Airen and I run with very different circles.  She's a rock 'n' roll biker chick, and I'm well, not.  We do, however, share views on many things in life, and we share a passion for photography and for cooking.  I had the privilege of photographing her wedding.  We also share a passion for yoga, though I hate to say I haven't been in probably a year... which I hate.  She is a true free spirit and I just love her.

Writing to Airen made me reflect on the artistic side of my life.  Whenever I hang out with her I always feel inspired to just go out somewhere with my camera and shoot until I run out of disc space.  I hardly ever get the chance to do so anymore... rather, I hardly ever make the time to do so... another thing I need to improve about myself.

I hope my card finds her in good spirits, and that she acts on the request I included :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment