Friday, January 14, 2011

Letter #11 - Montana

It seems inevitable that some letters will inspire who I will write to next over the course of this project.  Jeri's letter inspired me to write to one of the kids I've taken to.

Montana is the daughter of one of our old babysitters.  When I was about 6, her mom would spend hours reading to use, playing with us and speaking French with us (we were in French Immersion).  By the time Montana was born, geography had separated our families so it wasn't until she was about ten that we finally got to meet.

Turns out Montana is a lot like me at her age (just a bit more introverted) and an avid reader.  I decided to take a page from Jeri's book (pun not entirely intended) and send her some of the books I had loved so much at that age.  Now we exchange letters a few times a year, and I was thrilled to have her and her family attend my wedding last year.  The letter I wrote allowed me to think about what a cool kid she is.  Having known her mom so long and getting so see what a great daughter she ended up with... it makes me imagine what my kids might be like someday (for those of you wanting to read into that, no we are not working on parenthood quite yet!) I hope I'm lucky enough to end up with a kid like Montana... and I look forward to continuing to grow my relationship with her!

No comments:

Post a Comment