Sunday, January 23, 2011

Letter #22 - Irene

I used to date this guy who had the most amazing neighbours.  When we broke up, I was really sad that it also ended my relationship with his neighbours.  Kind of odd, but that became something I thought about in future relationships... I actually became more guarded with people like that who were a part of my boyfriends' lives, until I felt like the relationship was really gonna last.  My husband's family has awesome neighbours.  One of them is this wonderfully sweet woman named Irene (which in and of itself is awesome since that was my grandma's name)  Anytime we see her she always waves us over for a few minutes of conversation.  She's made us cookies, sent us cards, and even gave me a crystal angel once when I ran into her after having received some really bad news.

This week I decided to send her a note letting her know we were thinking of her.  I have no idea how old she is, and while she seems in pretty good health for her age (she still lives on her own just fine) but if life has taught me anything, it's that you can't count on anything.  So this week, Irene will get a note.  I hope it brings some happiness to her day when she gets it, and who knows, maybe we'll get a note back (she sent us the sweetest Christmas card!)

No comments:

Post a Comment